Definitions and interpretation
Data: Collectively all information that you submit to us via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided by the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies: A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain pages or use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out below.
Data Protection Laws: Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), and any additional implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
User or you: Any person who accesses the Website;
Website: The website that you are currently using, https://blessedhugh.org.uk.
- For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, the Parish webmaster is the “data controller”.
- We may collect the following Data if you submit a message to us via the Contact Us page, register to attend a Mass or other event, or place an order for FairTrade Christmas Hampers:
b. contact information: email address;
c. telephone number and an address you may provide for delivery of Christmas Hampers.
How we collect data
- We collect Data in the following way:
a. Data is given to us by you on a Contact Us form;
b. Data is given to us by you when you register to attend a Mass or other event;
c. Data is given to us by you when you use the order form for Christmas Hampers;
c. Data is collected automatically.
- To the extent that you access the Website we may collect your Data automatically:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to improve the Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address and the dates and times at which you access the Website;
b. we will collect some Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. See the section Cookies, below;
c. we use Google Analytics to analyse traffic to the Website. Google Analytics may also collect data for advertising purposes, including the collection of data via advertising cookies and identifiers. You can opt out of Google Analytics data collection here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using the Website.
- We may use your Data in order to contact you when you have submitted a message via the Contact Us page, in relation to a Mass or event for which you have registered, or to arrange delivery if you have ordered Christmas Hamper(s).
Who we share Data with
- We will not share the data that you submit.
- We may share Data collected by Cookies and Google Analytics with the following:
a. data collected by Google Analytics, as stated in 6c above;
b. government authorities and/or law enforcement officials, if mandated by law or if required by a court of law – to facilitate the detection of crime or for the legal protection of our own legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example any information you submit is encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar in your browser when we use this technology).
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access– the right to request copies of the information that we hold about you at any time, or to request that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is the legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address: email@example.com.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found at their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
Links to other websites
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- The Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable the functioning of the bookings calendar on the Hall Hire page.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works. They may tell us the website you were using when you followed a link to our Website, helping us to understand how people find our Website. We use Google Analytics, see section 6c above.|
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in the settings of your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed, please consult the help menu in your internet browser. If you choose to disable Cookies in your browser, some functions of this Website will not operate as intended.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more efficiently.
- You can opt out of collection of data by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by any party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
13th March 2020
updated 17th October 2020